Don't Be Fooled, Everyone Loves!

Hello Beauties! It was a pleasure to have so many of you read last weeks blog. Thank you for sharing it, as well.

 I would love to know what you found out as you completed the action step.

Did you learn anything new? Did you realize areas for improvement? Did you decide what to do with those items that you weren't ready to throw away?

BTW: If you have no idea as to what I am talking about, you have a special invitation to go back and read last weeks blog titled, "StepMom You Deserve Love!"

I have to be sincere in this and let you know that what we think and how we feel has an affect on how we perceive as it relates to our relationships within our Binuclear Families. Especially, in terms of the biological mother and the step mother.

The role that a mother holds within the family is one of love and nurture. Mothers instill confidence and are usually the loudest at her children's sporting events.

In spite of  recognizing my pursuit to be loving, nurturing, instilling confidence, and TRULY being the loudest at sporting events, I one day found myself in thought. While there, I began realizing that my children would one day become adults. They would have their own families, also meaning that I will have grand-babies.

I did/do not want my children to feel as if they have to have separate events during the holidays, wedding bickering, and so forth.

I remember having a conversation that went like this, "If our children decides that they would like to have all of us over for dinner, then they should be able to do that."

Thinking about the future of my children and my children's children changed everything for me. What's your turning point?

Some of those things that I would have listed with a "keep" beside it, at that moment would of been thrown down the drain.

You see some relationships we can forgo. In spite of differences, one with my children and future grand-children is not one.

My children were very early in age when they were introduced to their step-parents and are now almost adults which meant that I played a significant role in how they viewed them.

Also, being that they would/will visit with their biological father and step-mother, I could choose to live in years of disgruntlement or choose to learn how to effectively co-parent and love.

Now here's the thing, it took practical action steps but first and foremost it took Jesus! It took Jesus, it is taking Jesus, and it will ALWAYS take Jesus! POINT. BLANK! What will it take for you?

This week, I would love to offer you an invitation to meditate on the below passage. Let's figure out what it means to us? How can we implement this as we navigate within our Binuclear Families?


Until Next Time,


Your Relationship Coach, #BinuclearMom

Tiffany S. Logan

P.S. I did not forget, here you are:

" Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily anger, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails......." (Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Happened On The Day that I Told My Husband That I Could No Longer Care For Our Daughter and What I Learned!

My Daughter's Diary Changed my Life!