2 Years Later,3 Reasons Why I Stayed!


Hello Beautiful Ladies. It’s been about a month since we last spoke. Nevertheless, please let me first, thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to tell you about that 1 time that I read my daughter’s personal journal. Your responses were amazing! πŸ’“

There is one more thing that I should have mentioned to you in that blog. Please forgive me?πŸ™  It's one simple question that I learned to ask God repeatedly every day and it helped me so much in mothering my kids. 

That question was, God help me?  So, if I was getting off from work, I would ask, “God help me transition from corporate America to now being Trinity’s Mother.” I did this not only for Trinity, but for each of my kids. I did it so much that one day, I realized that it was working. My daughter recently told me, "Ma, you don't even yell anymore." Praise God!

Now on to what I must tell you this month! 

So, my Husband, who was then just my friend decided to not introduce himself to my 2 older children until we knew that we were going to be together without a shadow of a doubt.

Now, here’s the seemed to be setback to this thing. Brace yourself, because I’m about to be all improper with this here grammar of mines. Y’ALL AIN'T GONE NEVER GUESS HOW LONG THAT TOOK? Go ahead, I’ll wait while you guess, honey. Play some music. Fix some coffee. Still waiting. Yep, you guessed it over there in PA, almost 2 years!

Two looooong years. We were long-distance. We were good friends. We lived 4 hours away from each other. We would visit each other every other weekend and when that 1986 Cutlass Supreme would pull up, whew I would get so excited.  

Yet, in all of my excitement, James never said, “Let me meet your kids.”  At the time, my boy was maybe 3 and daughter 1. When I would bring it up, He would always say, “we don’t know if we are going to be together, right?” 

I know some of you are thinking, “Girl you stupid, he didn't want to meet your kids?” Nope, he sure didn't. Yet, what I heard and learned to respect almost 14 years later is that he respected my kids enough to not put himself in their live's if he wasn’t sure if he would be around. This spoke volumes to me.

What I found out from someone very close to him was that he was tired of running women and had told God that he would marry the next woman that he was with and I was the next woman after that statement. This woman with 2 children one crying all night long and the other one still in diapers. Besides, he didn't have it all figured out. 

He just had to open his mouth to me that night in that Red Lobster. 😊

So FINALLY, we are officially a couple and FINALLY James is visiting and meets that boy who would cry all night long and that little girl who was still in diapers. Everything is going well. 

My children's biological father stops by to pick them up for the weekend. James is sitting on the sofa, the kids hugged him and said bye. My daughter gets outside to her dad’s car and turn around to come back into the house. Perhaps she had forgotten her favorite toy?

Not quite. She came back inside of the house to give James another hug. James embraced her. My heart smiled. Something else very special happened in that moment. It was in that moment that James later told me that he knew for sure that he loved me. 

 By The Grace of God we are a happy Binuclear Family today and some of you would have never known if I hadn’t of just told you.

Now why did I stay?

1. He took authority to make a healthy decision for us before we were officially dating and no matter how much I would attempt to waiver, he never did.

2. He knew my past and he allowed me time to heal without putting pressure on me to be his.

3. Even though we were not an official couple, he continuously gave of himself and pursued me. 

 1 tip, because 2 years is a long time….a very long time, yet if I could challenge you with 1 thing it would be this:

1. Don’t be afraid to take your time and really get to know the person to learn if they are a fit for you and your kids. Marriage is not a race and God's timing is PERFECT!  

I love you Ladies, and until next time, I am Tiffany Logan and I love to encourage wives and mothers one story at a time.

So tell me, how long did some of you wait before meeting or introducing the kiddos to your spouse?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Happened On The Day that I Told My Husband That I Could No Longer Care For Our Daughter and What I Learned!

My Daughter's Diary Changed my Life!

Don't Be Fooled, Everyone Loves!